Sandy didn’t stop Google from Announcing their new product line: Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.
NEXUS 4 by LG
The most anticipate product of them all is the next Nexus phone. The new Nexus phone is called the Nexus 4 and this time, it is made by LG. the Nexus 4 is based on LG’s Optimus G (The most powerful Android phone available to date).
the Nexus 4 main features:
- 4.7 HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280*768, 320ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- Packed with the Latest Qualcomm processor, the Snapdragon S4 (quad-core).
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 8GB and 16GB of internal memory.
- Just like the previous Nexus phones, there will be no MicroSD card.
- 8MP rear camera (camera sensor from Sony) and 1.3MP front camera.
- NFC, GPS, Bluetooth, MicroUSB, SlimPort HDMI, 3.5mm headphone Jack.
- 2100mAh Lithium Polymer Battery.
- Wireless charging Support.
- Android Jellybean 4.2 OS.
Unfortunately, There is no LTE support for the Nexus 4. According to Google’s Andy Rubbin, the reason(s) behind that:
- “A lot of the networks that have deployed LTE haven’t scaled completely yet — they’re hybrid networks.. which means the devices needed both radios built into them. When we did the Galaxy Nexus with LTE we had to do just that, and it just wasn’t a great user experience”.
and more on that Rubbin said:
- “Tactically, we want to make sure the devices are available for every network on the planet.”
The unlocked Nexus 4 will cost $299 (8GB) at Google’s Play store.
Nexus 7 by ASUS
Nexus 7 a hug success, hug that Apple had to release an iPad Mini. the 7 inch tablet combined quality, performance and price. This time, Google upgraded the Nexus 7 with the following:
- a 32GB Model.
- a 3G Model will be available.
- Android OS Jellybean 4.2.
- Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Predictive text input (Similar to SWYPE).
Nexus 10 by Samsung
The Nexus 10 is Google’s High-end tablet, made by Samsung. it is the Thinnest Tablet available in the market and it has the highest screen resolution (same resolution as the Retina display found in the MacBook). the Nexus 10′s main specs:
- Size: 263.9 x 177.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 603g
- 10 inch touchscreen Display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600, 300ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Processor: 1.7GHz Dual-core Exynos chip from Samsung.
- Memory: 2GB of RAM
- 16GB and 32GB internal memory.
- No microSD support.
- 5MP rear camera and 1.9MP fron camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, MicroUSB, MicroHDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, Magnetic Pogo pin charger.
- 9000mAh Lithium polymer battery.
- Sensors: microphone, accelerometer, compass, ambient light, gyroscope, barometer
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The Nexus 10 will cost $399 for the 16GB model and $499 for the 32GB model.
If you compare the specs, design and the effort put in making the three devices beautiful devices, you will find that they are set the bar high and they give you the latest technology combines with a beautiful design.
All devices will be released on the 13th of November.
Now I will leave you with this Amazing video report done by the guys at The Verge which will also give you an idea about what to expect in Android 4.2.